4/11/2006

What I know so far...

I'm still in London, preparing for finals, and also preparing for my time overseas. I found out last friday what I should be doing. I was given the warning that development work is very dynamic, and a description of the work I'll be doing now, can drastically change by the time I arrive on site, and even after I arrive.

I will be working with "Agribusiness in Sustainable Natural African Plant Products" (ASNAPP) and specifically working to improve a nut processing press used to extract oil from the Mungongo Nut. The Mungongo nuts is very rich in Vitamin E and can be used as an additive in various products as well as a cooking oil. The main goal is to increase the value of the products communities produce, by improved processing, and marketing resulting in more income from their natural Products.

I will be based out of Lusaka, the capital of Zambia, and required to take multi-week "field trips" into the SouthWestern region of Zambia, where the nut is abundant.

So far that is all I know..and like I said it could change at any time.... Well time to get this off my mind and concentrate on exams!

No comments: