5/11/2006

In the EWB house

Well it's Already Wednesday. I don't know where the past two days have gone. They have been a blur of case studies, role playing, readings, walking between venues, a scavenger hunt, some delicious Ethiopian food, breakfast in Kensington Market and more. But above all I've been learning a lot and making some pretty big steps in pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

Yesterday I "accidentally" volunteered for an activity following a reading we did. Well little did I know that I was to play the part of Bana Maria, the first wife of Farmer Simon. Well at first I didn't know what to do, or how to play this part, but somehow I managed to channel an African woman, and she exploded out of me like no body's business. It was funny, and surprising. I don't think anyone expected that from me, a guy who's usually quiet and reserved. Well since then I've been type cast and anytime we do a role play (We did one today too) I am the African Woman. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. But I guess I am learning something first hand about breaking/challenging stereotypes. Especially since not many people would expect a guy with a goatee to play an African Woman so well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahha...that's awesome ricky!

you'll have to re-enact your 'female' side to me when you come back.

all the best! keep rockin'!

-abdddul

Anonymous said...

Hahaha you definitely have to show us your reenactment!
Looking forward to reading your blogs during the summer time!

-Neramith

Anonymous said...

Keep on Rockin! Sounds like you've found your calling! I can't wait to see your reenactments up close! Have a fun, and safe trip Ricko!

Amanda